Any day at any time
EducationI just obtained my Masters in Psychology/Counseling from Meridian University, Petaluma, 2015. I am taking a brief pause before continuing onto obtain my PhD in Clinical Psychology and becoming a licensed psychologist. I also hold a separate practice as an EFT/Meridian Therapy Practitioner (6 years of experience).
Graduated from Meridian University (Petaluma, CA), 2015
-MA Psychology, obtained 2015
-PhD Clinical Psychology, est. 2017
Graduated from the Bryn Athyn College (Bryn Athyn, PA) in 2011.
-BA in English Language/Literature
-Minors: Psychology, Theater, Instruction, Analytical & Creative Writing.
ExperienceSometimes students seek outside support because the material is just plainly difficult; most of the time we seek outside support because the material has us feeling "too overwhelmed" to approach the assignment/s or move forward with projects. As an experienced creative/analytical/expository writing tutor I help students to organize their content, increase cohesiveness and coherence in their writing, and clarify their thinking. I also teach students how to use empirically-validated tools they can use, moving forward, to instantly recalibrate their nervous systems to overcome blocks to procrastination and overwhelm. In this way, my services include not only english/writing support, but neurological support and academic overwhelm coaching. For this reason, I suggest minimum of 2 sessions.
However, above all, students' expectations are priority. You tell me what you most want out of our time together, and we'll focus on that!
Student Support Instructor/Tutor for High School and College-Level English/Writing 2007-2010
• Assisted both ESL and non-ESL students in interpreting assignments
• Restructuring arguments
• Led brainstorming sessions with students to generate a personal encounter with their required reading material
• Teaching/Training students on the basics of literary interpretation
• Editing, Proof reading college papers and artcles (Narrative, Persusasive, Informational, Research)
• Proctoring exams
ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
Professor's Assistant For College Theatre Course Feb-May 2011
• Designed & executed lesson plans; taught/led classes
• Mentored, coached, and provided counseling for struggling students concerning sensitive issues
• Assessed students' performance, in exceptional alignment with instructor's assessment style
• Mediated concerns between students and instructor
Assistant Director For College Theatrical Production 2010-2011
• Coordinated with Chief Artistic Director, Cast, Stage Management & Production Team
• Cut marketing costs by networking to hire a volunteer-based marketing intern, thereby eliminating the need to hire paid marketing assistant.
• Conducted and led rehearsals
• Provided personal counseling and mentorship of struggling students
• Provided artistic direction (interpreting, collaborating with, and contributing towards chief artistic director's vision)
• Coached small groups to troubleshoot and help them strengthen their scenes
• Filled in for/improvised for actors in absentia
• Negotiated performers' preferences with production team's design
HobbiesGraduate school takes up quite a lot of time! I enjoy learning more about theoretical and applied quantum physics, philosophy, theology, poetry, literature, and the art of psychotherapy.
In the dividends of that time I enjoy hiking around the gorgeous trails of Fairfax, CA, and striking up unlikely conversations with strangers.
10th Grade Writing, ACT Reading, American Literature, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, CLEP Introduction to Educational Psychology, AP Psychology, Psychology, GRE Subject Test in Psychology, CLEP Introductory Psychology, IB Psychology HL, ACT English, 12th Grade Writing, 10th Grade Reading, 9th Grade Reading, 9th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Writing, 7th Grade Writing, 6th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Reading, 11th Grade Writing, 12th Grade Reading, IB Psychology SL
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.